Regulations and Compliance
- CWO is a bonded winery regulated by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
- The TTB has very strict regulations for bonded wineries.
- The following are some regulations that require traceable paper-trail records:
- The origin of each grape variety (the vineyard owner and location)
- The wine yield of each wine variety
- The laboratory analysis records of each wine variety
- The bottling records for each bottling session
- The accurate percentage of each wine variety to be blended
- The accurate percentage of each wine vintage year to be blended
- The label with a variety saying California Wine must have a minimum of 75% of the same variety
- The label with a vintage saying California Wine must have a minimum of 85% of the same variety vintage year
If the label does not specify the wine variety or the vintage year, a lower percentage of the wine variety and vintage year have been used.
If the label does not say California Wine, the wine origin is not from California but from other countries or states.