Winery Size and Equipment
The Cacciatore Fine Wines & Olive Oil Corp (CWO) winery’s 116 stainless steel tanks hold from 1,400 to 20,000 gallons each, allowing total capacity of 1,100,000 gallons of wine. Of the 116 tanks, 104 are refrigerated and 12 are not. Unrefrigerated tanks hold 5,000 gallons each.
The winery has two processing sections dedicated to vinting. The 20,000-square-foot enclosed section has temperature control and the open, 15,000-square-foot exterior section is used during the grape crush season.
Stainless steel equipment located in the enclosed temperature-controlled section includes:
- Piston punch fermenters tanks (14)
- Automated pump over tanks (14)
- Carbonic maceration tanks (12)
- Storage tanks (54)
- Storage and blending tanks (20)
- Bottling tanks (4)
- Roto Vacuum filter for heavy solids “lees” (1)
- Pressure leaf filter (1)
- Plate filter (1)
- Cross flow filter (1)
- Chiller for cold treatment and stabilization (1)
- Ion exchange for tartrate removal (1)
- Centrifugal, lobe, rotor and screw pumps (15)
- Various materials such as valves, probes, hoses, etc.
Stainless steel equipment located on the exterior platform includes:
- Grape receiving hopper (1)
- Destemmer / crusher (1)
- Rotary fermenters (6)
- Bladder presses (3)
- Chiller (1)